Thank you to everyone who attended the public meeting regarding the future of Crediton Hospital on Wednesday, 16th September 2015, at the Boniface Centre. Over 130 of you came to see the presentation given by Dr Helen Tucker, Vice Chairman of the Community Hospital Association, and share your views and concerns regarding the future of our Hospital.
If you would like to look at the presentation given by Dr Tucker, please click here and to see the notes of the meeting, taken by the Town Clerk, please click here.
In the meantime, here is a list of things that can be done now, by all of us:
- Join Crediton Hospital League of Friends - You can access their Facebook page by clicking here
- Send examples of patient experiences and views to the Town Council - This can be done by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by using our contact us page or by writing to Crediton Town Council Offices, Market Street, Crediton, Devon, EX17 2BN.
- Contribute to the new task group set up by Devon County Council to look at the proposals for Axminster, Ottery St Mary and Crediton - The best way to do this is by contacting Councillor Nick Way, by e-mail email@example.com by telephoning 01363 777903 or by writing to him at Westwood House, Westwood, EX17 3PE
- The League of Friends to work collaboratively across Devon and in particular with those being reviewed by the Task Group
- Everyone to talk to their GPs at every opportunity about the need for the beds and also about what other services could be provided at the hospital
- Consider what can be learned from other communities and their community hospitals, as well as from the research